Saturday, April 19, 2008

Short Indian Dialogues

(1) 
- Hello, Sir.
- Hello.
- Are you Indian, Sir?
- No. 
- You look like Indian, Sir.
- Oh, I'm trying to. But tell me.
- Yes, Sir?
- Why did you start talking to me in English and not in Hindi and called me Sir?
- Uhmmm... (then he looks kind of lost, mutter a few words and disappears as soon as he realizes I'll not buy anything or follow him anywhere). 

(2)
- Hello, Sir.
- Hi.
- Are you Indian, Sir?
- Nope.
- Where are you from, Sir?
- I'm from Brazil. 
- B...?
- Brrrrazil.
- Oh, Ronaldo. 
- Yes, that's it. 
- You like cricket, Sir?
- Oh, yes, sure. But I don't understand the game very well.
- Uhmmm (followed by a stare that betrays his thinking that I must be from another planet)

(3)
- Hello, Sir.
- Hello.
- Where are you from, Sir?
- I'm from Brazil. 
- B... Where, Sir?
- Brrrrazil. 
- How you like India, Sir?
- I like it a lot. I'm almost becoming Indian myself. 
- Oh, thank you, Sir, thank you (followed by that typical Indian smile: blindingly white, sort of childish and undoubtedly sincere) 

1 comment:

Matheus Carvalho said...

Have you given up writing? You shouldn't, since the texts are so well written. Hoping to read more in the near future.

And, about the question, yes, Nicola has been treating me well in DTS, :).