Monday, April 7, 2008

Entitlement

Now that I created my own blog, I feel a slight sense of entitlement, of belonging to the Big Virtual World. I have an email account since 1994, but didn't venture much into the net's fare, like podcasting, blogging and the like. And I still remember writing and receiving letters. Today, the regular mail sadly functions only for propaganda and bills.
I remember I felt a similar sense of entitlement when I became a landowner - okay, that's an exageration (I once bought a small piece of land in my hometown, enough for a small house. I sold it before real state prices soared and bought stocks just before the Asian crisis in 1996. Don't trust my timing for investment).
The "bourgeoising" process was completed when I became an employer (I had this housekeeper coming once a week to do all these chores I postpone as much as I can).
Now, I'm a blogger and can share bits and pieces of my experiences and thoughts with everyone, which is perhaps not the wisest thing to do. But it might be fun. And help me not to forget how to write in a way different from the regular UN or Itamaraty unexciting styles.

1 comment:

Fernando Guida Sandoval said...

Enjoyed the intro. Sounded as if you were a freshman but, at the same time, expressed some sense of belonging and fear of losing track of what once made some difference in life. Please allow me to share another title with "Entiltlement": "Atonement"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdeKx_vAXYQ